Wednesday 13 May 2015

Another Date Night

The hubby and I do try to keep the romance alive as we are always so busy with work and friends, it can become hard to find time for each other. As a result we are a big fan of post work date nights! For this occasion we decided to grab a quick dinner at The Real Greek in Covent Garden followed by a performance of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.

We love the Real Greek. I know there are more authentic Greek restaurants around but it's good, tasty and reasonably priced. Plus they can serve you quickly if needed so is ideal for a pre-theater treat. They do allow advance reservations, which is always a winner in my book. I can also recommend the Westfield Stratford City branch where in the summer you can sit outside and the Bankside, which again on a sunny day is lovely to perch beside the Thames and eat some Greek delights.

We always over order in this restaurant and leave feeling absolutely stuffed! Our ultimate favorite is the Souvlaki wraps for two. I take the Halloumi, the boy takes the lamb and we split up the chicken equally. We always order chips and a Greek Salad as our sides and for £22 you really just cannot complain at the quantity or quality of the meal. As we are impatient we usually also grab a Tzatziki with their lovely warm signature flat breads so you can see why we end up so full!

I always do my research with the theater and shop around for good deals. We took the 7:30pm showing on a Monday evening as usually seats sell for cheaper prices than the more popular Thursday - Sunday performances. We managed to book a box online through SEE Tickets for £103 between us and were seated at the back of the stalls in row P in our own little compartment. The box wasn't super luxurious but it was definitely more roomy than normal theater seats and it was nice to be private. I always prefer the circle as I think the tiered viewing is better but we did have an uninterrupted view of the stage and I would recommend these seats, especially as they are the same price as the stalls anyway.

This show is absolutely brilliant, there were special effects and hilarious moments. The songs were catchy and I think this show would be ideal for younger children. We knew we were a little too old to appreciate everything going on but we still thoroughly enjoyed ourselves and had a great time. London musicals rarely disappoint and I would say I am very pleased I have experienced this West End hit.

No comments:

Post a Comment