Monday 11 May 2015

London Double Date Night

The hubby and I grabbed a couple of our good friends and headed out for a double date last Friday evening.

We started with a quick and cheap dinner at Five Guys. We all ordered differently due to the choice of burger customization available so I will just share my options! I went for the cheeseburger; all burgers are cooked well done here but are still juicy. You can then add as many free toppings as you like. I went for lettuce, tomato, grilled onions, grilled mushrooms and relish. I thought this was a great little perk and meant you only got the things you really love in your burger! I also ordered a regular side of Cajun fries, which were delicious and crispy but a little spicy! A regular is enough for two to share or get a small each, we wasted lots of chips unfortunately. The drinks machine is also ideal, purchasing a soda provides unlimited drinks and there are over two hundred varieties to choose from, I felt a bit boring taking a regular Sprite!




The burgers fall apart as you eat them, so you get messy but this is a great sign of a proper grease dinner! Next time I will try a different concoction and be more inventive with my drink choice but it's overwhelming for your first visit and the place is packed with queues out of the door. Head downstairs for plenty of seating options! I would also like to note how much we loved the unlimited ketchup and yes, it was Heinz! My bill was £14.50 for a burger, fries and a drink so as a self service burger bar it's not cheap but it was delicious and for a quick, no fuss and easy meal I would recommend it.

Full and satisfied from our burger dinner we walked around the corner to the theater for a showing of The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night Time, which has won 7 Olivier awards. The play is based on the novel by Mark Haddon, which many would have read as a child. I won't give too much away but the play is excellent and very well acted. The stage setting is really cool and interactive. There are some funny moments and you do gain a real insight into Autism, which is very thought provoking. I really enjoyed the show and would thoroughly recommend anyone who enjoys theater to go and see it. We managed to purchase the front row of the Upper Circle for £25 each proving that London theater doesn't always have to break the bank. You also get the chance to share sweets the old fashioned way from a cardboard box (It's the little things!!!!!)



Dinner and a show is invariably an excellent night in London, couple that with a few good friends and you are onto a winner! If you fancy a "cheapish" evening with delicious freshly cooked food and well acted theater then I would thoroughly recommend copying this date idea!

No comments:

Post a Comment