Monday 11 May 2015

Patty & Bun

I don't often get out for lunch, however, I was lucky enough to take a recent trip to the relatively new Liverpool Street branch of Patty & Bun.

This little branch is tiny and probably cannot seat more than twelve people at a time so if you plan to dine in then make sure you are here at midday on the dot! For take away they also do a roaring trade so expect to queue for 15 - 30 mins for your burger. Come on a sunny day as queuing in the sunshine is never as bad!

The burgers here are amazing and I may have to say the best one I have tried in London. I went for a "smokey robinson" mainly because it comes with a mound of caramelized onions! The burger was mouth wateringly delicious and very messy to eat, which is always a good sign. I also ordered a side of chips with rosemary salt. These were good too but I wouldn't rave about them in the same way as the burger. Also a whole portion is too many per person so share with a friend if you are really craving a side.

These burgers are juicy and succulent and absolutely ideal for a hungover Friday lunchtime treat! Mine was £8.50 and I could have managed without the chips, it's erring on the expensive side for week day lunch but not too bad when compared with other city options and much cheaper than dining in somewhere. I will definitely be back to try some of the other selections! Although the menu is short, this concept restaurant has only a few burgers but the burgers they do have, they cook very, very well.

No comments:

Post a Comment