Tuesday 5 May 2015

The Fish and Chip Shop - Islington

A friend and I took a post work trip for a girly date night to The Fish and Chip Shop in Islington. This restaurant is quite small but very cute and I loved the decor. There are a small number of tables towards the back and bar style seating at the front. We chose to sit at the bar in the window of the shop on high stalls!

We had some obligatory Prosecco as girls who dine must always have! It came in glasses rather than champagne glasses, I know this is the trend but I am still not sure how I feel about drinking fizz out of a tumbler!

As this was a mid week treat we didn't go overboard on the food choices! I went for the shrimp burger with spicy tartare and I have to say it was absolutely delicious. It even held together whilst I bit into it, which is unusual for burgers these days. The shrimp really came through and had been neatly bundled into a patty. The tartare was a perfect compliment to the shrimp and the bun was perfectly fluffy.


This isn't a fine dining establishment but it doesn't profess to be. These are well made "posh" fish and chip classics with quality ingredients in a calm, quirky and very clean restaurant. It's also nice to be able to sit in without coming away feeling greasy or smelling of chip fat and to be able to sip on an alcoholic beverage whilst eating your healthier version of this British classic.

For a quick post work bite to eat with a friend or loved one as a catch up, I think the food and environment here will hit the nail on the head!

No comments:

Post a Comment