Monday 19 October 2015

Interview with Michelin Starred Chef - Pascal Aussignac

This week I have been lucky enough to interview Michelin starred chef Pascal Aussignac, owner of Club Gascon, a small and beautiful French restaurant in Smithfield's market, London. Pascal is such a friendly and approachable guy, I could have chatted to him for hours but here are my favourite questions and answers:

If you could cook for anyone, who would it be?

The Queen!

You are making dinner for one tonight, what would you make?
Foie Gras, I love Foie Gras so would eat that by myself!

What is the most unusual thing you have ever eaten?
Jelly Fish in Singapore but it was actually quite nice!

What is your favourite spice?
Piment d'Espelette - a chili pepper originating from the Basque region of France

What dish are you most proud of?

Marmite Royale - it won me an award!

What are your top two ingredients?

Mussels and French Fries

Give me one cooking tip.
If you burn your fingers, immediately pinch your ear lobe, the heat will travel through your fingers into your ear and away thus preventing your finger from burning. It's a Japanese cooking tip and Pascal swears by it!

When you were five, what did you want to be?
A stonecutter

What has been your biggest kitchen disaster?

One of my chefs lost a tooth during a busy evening, we delivered the worst service because every time he smiled we saw the gap and couldn't control the laughter or concentrate on the service!

Pascal can almost always be found in the kitchen cooking away at Club Gascon, the food here is sensational and the service personal yet non-intrusive. Add this to such a lovely chef, I cannot help but seriously recommend a dining experience here!

No comments:

Post a Comment