Wednesday 6 April 2016

One Year - Twenty Questions

This is an incredibly exciting moment for me! I never imagined my blog would still be going one year later and I never for one moment thought I would get the opportunity to work with so many incredible companies such as Walkabout Florence, Club Gascon, Quilon, and Waitrose Cookery School. It's been an awesome year of trying new restaurants, indulging in new travel experiences and being able to document my life like a diary.

As promised I am hosting another twenty questions to get to know me a little better!

1. How old are you?
I am now 28 years old! Inching closer to 30!

2. If you had to run a business, what would it do?

I would organise holidays and honeymoons for people. A full on itinerary of flights, hotels, restaurants, day trips etc etc

3. When are you at your best?

Probably right after a Barry's boot camp 7:10am workout, my mind is refreshed, focused and ready for the day.

4. If you could fly a plane anywhere today, where would you go?

Sri Lanka, I have been thinking about going more and more these days and I would probably bite the bullet and just do it!

5. If you had a child and they were exactly the same as you, what parts of their personality would you try and change?

I would try and stop them stressing about the future and the next step. It's great to have goals but why worry about what you cannot control or have no power over. I would encourage them to be more spontaneous and let life just happen.

6. Which member of your family would you like to be stranded on a desert island with?

Probably my middle sister. She is pretty practical and would help find food, water and build a shelter. She would know what to do and keep me calm! Also we have a laugh and could tan and chat our time away!

7. Where do you feel most at home?

Fortunately in my flat! I love my home so much, it's warm and cosy and just right for us.

8. If you had a budget of £5,000 for a date, where would you take the person?

I would fly them business class to Paris for a night in a posh hotel and top seats at the Moulin Rouge. I have never justified something so lavish but would definitely give it a go!

9. What is next on your bucket list?

Aside from Sri Lanka mentioned above I am eyeing up Costa Rica and Kerala. I still haven't given up on the Maldives (from six months ago) and am also keen on heading back to Thailand.

10. What is the most dangerous thing you have ever done?

It probably wasn't that dangerous but it felt it at the time. Jumping off a bridge in Bratislava! Maybe now I am older I can't handle the fear and heights as well as I used to.

11. If you could hug anyone right now, who would it be?

My Grandpa, I haven't seen him in a while and miss him.

12. What activity helps you feel peace of mind?

Yoga, I am five weeks in with my Mum and I feel so relaxed after a session.

13. What is the best thing about you?

I am not afraid to try new things. Whether that's taste a new food, travel to a new country or take a leap of faith in a life experience such as a new job or moving home. I am fearful and I do worry but I always push myself to give things a go.

14. What hobby do you wish you'd taken up ten years ago?

Probably Tennis, it is such a sociable sport and looks really fun. I can play but nowhere near well enough, maybe one day I will enrol in lessons.

15. What is your happiest school memory?

Winning the Senior Sports Award at age thirteen. I had worked so hard and had beaten girls in the sixth form, it was a great feeling.

16. What would you do today if you were completely fearless?

Give up my job and travel. I would love to take a year out but with a good job and a mortgage I am too nervous to leave it all behind and come back to nothing.

17. When was the last time you spent the day doing exactly what you wanted?

Easter weekend! I was away in Florence doing what I wanted, eating what I wanted and drinking what I wanted!

18. If you drew a timeline of your life, what years strike you as the happiest so far?

This is a tough one as I enjoyed school so much. However, I would say ages twenty five to now have been my happiest. I am on the property ladder, I am married to the love of my life, I am travelling the world, spending time with friends and family and have a career I really enjoy.

19. Do you believe that the world is random or that things happen for a reason?

Definitely that things happen for a reason.

20. What happens to you after you die?

I get deja vu a lot, I think you may live your life over and over on repeat.

No comments:

Post a Comment